CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DAIRY QUEEN RULES

You can't complain about heat when you live in Arizona.

It's like grumbling about the cold when you settle in Alaska, whining about grapes after you move to the Napa Valley, carping about humidity if you live in Miami.

People in Washington and Oregon have a perfect right to bellyache about it hitting 100 degrees - it simply doesn't happen there, very few people or business have air conditioning or are prepared for dealing with something as simply as dehydration.

But when it hits 100 in Arizona - even in south south-eastern Arizona, at 5,000 feet, where it snows in the winter and we really don't get this hot more than a few days in June... forget trying to whine about it.

So my excuse... I'm sorry, my reason for visiting Dairy Queen twice today - heck, why even try to use the polite expression "visit" - I PATRONIZED Dairy Queen once to fortify myself to drive up to my husband's workplace and 'see' his new office (and suitably commiserate with someone who is being 'forced' to move into his actual work area from the windowless basement) - and second to drive the 24 miles into town only to discover the YW activity has three girls with three adult leaders - my conscious was clear asking to be excused.

So, today:
Yogurt & Fiber One -- 215
TWO Dairy Queen cones -- 658
Manwich -- 215
TOTAL -- 983

So maybe two visits to Dairy Queen isn't all that bad.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Dairy Queen is great! I knew someone actively losing weight who skipped dinner once a week and had a DQ Blizzard instead. I say go for it!

Hope said...

I think we are onto something here - South Beach Diet, move aside!