CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

KEEP SHOVELING, THERE MUST BE A PONY HERE

I freely acknowledge that exercise needs to be part of any weight-loss program, but I am having a major problem right now finding something that I like to do.

Because if you don't like doing the exercise, you will sit on the couch and eat ice cream instead. I promise.

I really enjoyed running.... until my knees and ankles gave out. The health club routine helped... at least while I was working and in town fairly frequently and didn't have a 25 minute drive to the closest gym.


So now I have been alternating half-heartedly between yoga and sitting on the couch.
Until today.

And I may have found the answer.

This morning when I got up to feed Najale and Sally, it was snowing. Big beautiful flakes floating down.

But both horses were wet - filthy - and cold.


We have built a shed for them - but it is thin metal, with three feet open at the bottom of air flow.


So today? I shoveled - a lot - to fill in some of the gaps and make it a warmer and steadier shelter.

I am aching all over, but I'll bet I burned some calories.

0 comments: