CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

FOILED AGAIN

This evening, the weather was spooky enough that I figured it would be safer to take the dogs for the walk instead of the horses.

Let me explain.

When the horses and I go for a walk, as we did this morning before it got too hot, we have one goal and one goal only.

Grass.

Both horses are perfectly happy to walk along with me for almost any distance I want as long as we end the walk with at least ten minutes of them sinking their teeth into the slight growths of grass we have had after a pathetic beginning of our monsoon season.

Wait, I should clarify that as well.

Both horses are perfectly happy to DRAG ME ALONG WITH THEM for however long I can take it and then graze with me dragging THEM back home at the end.

This evening, with a thunderstorm teasing us with dark clouds and lightning strikes in Mexico, there couldn't be a guarantee that we could end up with grass in their chops.

So I took the dogs, figuring it would be much easier to turn around when and if necessary.

And it was.

I began walking down our driveway.... spotted a jogger coming down our dirt road, so turned left instead of right.

At the end of the road down right, spotted another person walking three dogs (three LARGE dogs) towards us - so turned around and went back.

Just got past the first road... begins to rain.

So listen, I tried to exercise, I did.

Today - Yogurt -- 150
Fiber One -- 60
Toast with Peanut Butter -- 130 + 376
One Frosty (care of my son - ain't he sweet?) -- 318
Yogurt -- 150

TOTAL -- 1184

0 comments: