CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THOSE WE DO NOT SPEAK OF

"Plump" used to be a compliment.

"Sunburnt" or "suntanned" was demeaning.

Showing your ankles was incredibly obscene.

Times have changed.

We pay good money to work off the excess weight we have gained from our sedentary lifestyles. We pay for tanning booths and bronzing lotions. And we show a whole lot more than just our ankles.

Today: Yogurt -- 150
Fiber One -- 60
Grilled Cheese Sandwich -- 670 (and if I'd known that, I wouldn't have made one!)
Bill's Hamburger Soup -- 350 (guessimate)
Popcorn -- 200

TOTAL -- 1,430

It may be easier to simply invent a time machine and go back to the 1830's when I would be plump, pale and modest.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

That last line is priceless. Love it.

Sometimes it is incredible to me that we can send a man to the moon, but there is no easy way for me to lose 20 lbs.