CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

SUGAR ON TOP OF SUGAR ON TOP OF SUGAR

I'm not a sweet freak. I mean, sugar is nice, but CHOCOLATE is the main reason for life on this planet.

My daughter baked enough sugar cookies this afternoon to feed a small African nation in preparation for a Christmas-decorating class that she does not want to even attend let alone teach at a church function tomorrow.

More negative emotions have been sown in these cookies than all the opponents in the Republican party of Obama's health-care proposal.

Rather than have the kitchen implode with sucrose and stubbornness, I suggested that we refrigerate one sample of the frosting overnight (so perhaps the rest could be prepared early tomorrow rather than at the demonstration).

I had momentarily forgotten that I gave birth to the second most competitive person in Northern America, who insisted that the refrigeration would not change anything, and advance preparation would be impossible.

Game on, girlfriend.

The winner will be announced tomorrow.... if I live that long after posting this entry.

0 comments: