CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

EFFECT OF SEMI-FLUID ON THE HIPPOCAMPAL DOPAMINE RELEASE


I've been doing so well with the "not-eating-after-7-p.m." that I figured it was time to add something new (keep confusing that metabolism, girlfriend).

Have one liquid meal a day.

I have heard all the arguments against these type of diets - yes, you lose weight, but as soon as you begin eating again, it all comes back on.


And I have personally experienced not being to chew ANYthing for two months - it ain't fun, but I also lost around 30 lbs.... with the problem being there I had to gain 25 lbs. before they would do the surgery on my jaw.

But hey, just once a day, let's try soup for a meal - and then I can have my creamy tomato soup and not feel guilty.

So tonight - it's cold and blustery, so I have a bottle of water and one very hot personal-size soup. And then rushed off to my regular Wednesday church meeting....

With the sensation of an turbulent ocean being hit by a hurricane in my stomach.


I didn't realize 16 oz. of fluid could do that to you - but at least I haven't been tempted to eat anything else this evening - ugh, it's making me slightly nauseous just to have that thought.

And P.S. - that effect of semi-fluid diet breeding on the hippocampal dopamine release is actually a honest research paper... and yes, it makes no sense to me either.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Soup is wonderful! Tomato can't be beat...yum!