CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?

I am trying to cope with a new wrinkle in my dieting system.

I have, for literally years, acted on the oft-quoted perhaps-urban-myth that many times our bodies are screaming "WATER" when we are hearing "FOOD"!

So I try drinking something before I actually eat something.


And I finally learned that milk shakes, slushies, and fruit-blend-special-drinks do not qualify as "water."

(But they sure do taste better.)

But now that an unusually cold winter has dawned on my south-east corner of a south-west state in the northern hemisphere (okay, Hope, you can stop now), I am learning a chilly fact (did you not get the message a few words back, girlfriend?).

Cold water just doesn't work.

And unfortunately, hot chocolate (200 calories if made with 2% milk) with four large marshmallows (an additional 200 calories), does.

Creamy tomato soup is slightly better; it's only 160.

But it's still not water, which has no calories at all.

Hot Tang is something I have not had in years; maybe that would work.

More tomorrow.

Unless, of course, it gets warmer here.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I like Cup-a-Soup cream of chicken. Only 60 calories. I prefer hot drinks too in this weather.