CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

TRASH AS A GOOD THING


I am continually amazed by people who litter.

I try to not be judgmental about it - maybe it accidentally flew out their window as they were experiencing cardiac arrest, so they were completely unable to stop the hamburger wrapper, large soda cup, french fries holder and 2 cans of Budweiser from being strewn along the road.

But really, how many people or peoples can be having a major health issue on the same road for weeks at a time?


So today I tried to extend my walk to include a large garbage bag and a half-mile more to pick up all the crap that peeks out of the tumbleweeds along the adjoining roads to my house.

Unfortunately, empty aluminum cans, wrappers, and odd bits of plastic don't wear much, so I can't even claim the extra walk as weight-lifting (yeah, like I'm ever gonna look like this guy!)

Only lifting that excess of my weight as I walk.


But hey, it was something, right?

And this nice lady with the elephant wrote a very similar blog article about littering, and I'm including the photo because I think she looks a lot like ME!

1 comments:

Annette said...

She DOES look like you! As for littering, I do concur. When I was a kid I thought littering was next to murder. I remember seeing signs along highways saying "$1000 fine for littering" and kept my eyes peeled looking for offenders and becoming wealthy!