CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

HOW MANY CALORIES DOES DRIVING USE?

I've driven across the United States.

Literally.

More than once.

When my parents divorced, my dad moved back to Kalamazoo (isn't that a great name for a city?), Michigan and my mom stayed in Los Angeles.

When we lived in Maryland, we drove back to Oregon to visit my mother-in-law one summer - and my oldest child and I drove back to Idaho when she began college.

We moved from Maryland to Arizona - and I've driven to Seattle from here.

So a mealy little two hour trip to Douglas and back should be easy, right?

But somehow when the trip is preceded by having my problem-child come stay the night before (couch out, another person to feed, watching MTV videos) and then driving with her to the Social Security office in Douglas for a two-hour disability interview, driving BACK, dropping her off, finding out the prescription for my regular sleeping medication has NOT been approved by the doctor's office OR the insurance companies, so I am cetain to get only a couple of hours sleep tonight.....

I feel like I have lost ten pounds.... of brain matter.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Loss of brain cells...hey, a loss is a loss in my book!